Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tiny Kitten Teeth

Out of the few webcomics I checked out, I liked Tiny Kitten Teeth by Becky and Frank the most. During this whole semester, a big contributing factor to liking a comic has been visuals, and this one is my favorite! On one page I can't decide which character is the cutest and then in another the characters are so gross-looking but fit so well with the style of the previous ones. There are also so many bright, vibrant colors in every panel of the story. The color palettes used are well thought out and bring together the whole story, page by page. Although it changes drastically from happy bright colors to dark... yet still vibrant colors, the reader can see that they belong together in the same comic. The crazy colors also accentuate the crazy story. Like the previous comic I read about super heroes, this one doesn't seem to have a deeper meaning. I am just reading it for fun. Although it is confusing, I would keep reading this story specifically for its illustrations. They are very inspiring and have aspects that I would love to introduce into my own illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment