Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kingdom Come

I've had rotten luck the past few weeks when it comes to liking my first pick and this week was no different. My first choice was Watchmen. I figure, you know... it's pretty popular, a lot of people like it, I might too! I couldn't make it past the first few minutes of the movie... and unfortunately I didn't make it past the first fifty pages of the comic. It's not that I didn't like it... it just had way too much going on and I had no idea what was happening even a few pages in. So I switched to Kingdom Come.
It took me about two days to read everything but I loved it. I've always watched the superhero movies and as cheesy as some are, I really like them. So I figured, why not read a comic about all those superheroes I love?
So that was what first attracted me to the book. Then I began reading and I was so curious as to why they were in hiding... why was Superman not saving people? I just had to keep reading to find out. Then the artwork totally captivated me. It isn't my usual style but it was so... detailed? Awesome? I can't believe there were over two hundred pages of that style of painting, it must have taken forever! It was beautiful, the colors, the lighting... some of them almost looked like photographs.
I don't believe there was anything deeper in this book other than entertainment (at least not for me). I just considered it to be a fun read and completely enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment